Friday, May 28, 2010

Quick Update - Surgery, etc.

Hey everyone!

I had started an update and it started getting really in-depth and emotional and was kinda a bummer. So I figured I'd start over with a shorter, lighter update on my surgery and then I'll go back and finish the other post for those of you who want to know every micro-detail of my fabulously interesting life. ;)

* Surgery was a week ago - May 21st. Everything went fine, no complications. I have five incisions on my stomach which hurt... especially when you forget about them and lean up against a sink when washing dishes or your hands. Codeine helps these things, but I only take it when I can't get to sleep. 

* Unfortunately there has not been any progress regarding my sight. But it's a little soon. And the surgery was done to stop any more degradation... vision improvement would just be a REALLY COOL side effect.

* From the start of my pre-op diet to my surgery I lost 18lbs. This past week I lost 4 more. Holy crap.

I think that's all for now. If you have a question (do I really have to school anyone on appropriate vs inappropriate?!?!?), ask it in the comments and I'll answer!




♠ ♣ ♥ ♦ Yes I'm in the shop, but so are fine vintage sports cars! You still can buy amazing things by checking out my SHOP and these other fine establishments:
Plastic Wrap, Trap Door, The Rage, and Ransack the Universe! All awesome and all in TO!
I might even be up for some shows too if someone were to take on the the not-so-flattering job of making sure I don't fall down, I don't break anything, and that no one pays me in wooden nickels! WOW! I can see the line forming fast!!!)
Anyway, I'll still be moseying around and thanks for all the support! You all ROCK!
Creepily yours,

Mel
Melissa Hamel-Smith:
Owner and Artist of Kaotic Ekko's Curiosities

3 comments:

  1. Well I am hoping for the really cool side affect of your vision returning to normal. Keep your head up and thanks for keeping us all posted! Wonder what kind of inappropriate comments you could get.... never mind.

    ;-)
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Melissa,

    I don't know you personally but I purchased some cute little hand sewn skull pins for my daughters via Stacey at the Insania Mania event in May.

    I just want to wish you all the best and send prayers that the doctors can get this all sorted out so you can continue to create and do what you love and be healthy.

    My little artists 6 year old Emily and 3 year old Olivia wear their little skull pins with pride, they love being a little alternative and a whole lot of creative too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You crack me up Mona!

    Mrs. Hardaker - I'm so glad your girls are expressing their individuality and am honored that I helped! ;) Thanks so much for the prayers and well-wishes. We'll take whatever you've got!

    ReplyDelete